Monday, April 23, 2007
My thoughts
I posted earlier; but I am not to sure where my post went missing. Wrote quite a bit in the earlier post. Gosh now I have to re-type all over again.

My accomplishment for the day is that I have changed the template for my Blog. Had to meddle around with the HTML codes but I have got the desired layout. At last!

I had not much to do today. Went to gurdwara in the morning and later went to meet an uncle. Had quite a long discussion about life and of course religion. It always amazes me how I never realises how time flies whenever I sit and talk to uncleji. I met him yesterday and he made a very interesting statement; according to him its harder to get people to speak abt God and be more religious as 75% of people are just attached to worldly things and only 25% are left. Its as good as having a four-legged table only standing on ONE leg (now think how unstable that can be)!!

All I can say is that we will have to constantly upgrade our "firewall" to ensure that no one succeeds in hacking into our system. And the only way we can keep upgrading our "firewall" is by chanting the name of GOD. But one have to remember that the harder it gets to hack a system normally the more "hackers" will try to hack and destroy the system. I think this happens in our daily life too. The more we try to attach ourself to GOD, the more we will get all sort of distractions trying to lure us away from GOD. But Naam is the only cure for all kinda problems. As guruji said below:

ਪਰਮੇਸਰ ਤੇ ਭੁਲਿਆਂ ਵਿਆਪਨਿ ਸਭੇ ਰੋਗ ॥
paramaesar thae bhuliaaa(n) viaapan sabhae rog
Forgetting the Transcendent Lord, all sorts of illnesses are contracted.
(for full shabad click here)

Without Naam we will be like a boat that is sailing in the middle of a huge ocean without a destination. Only Naam can save us from all the worldly desires and the 5 vices which are constantly trying to lure us away from Waheguru.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Jagjit Kaur at 12:04 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: